Remix! in Traktor 2.5 with the Lemur

Lemur Remix Decks Main InterfaceIf you have an iPad and the Lemur app, you do not need an F1 controller to control the remix decks.

I have built a Lemur template and a Traktor mapping file that not only allows you to trigger all 64 samples in a remix deck but also to change several playback parameters for each cell.

Overview

Step 1: Download

Download the ZIP file for this article. The file contains a Lemur template and a Traktor TSI file. Load the Lemur template on your iPad and load the TSI file into Traktor.

Step 2: Configure the Lemur Connections

Now setup the connections betwen the Lemur app and your computer. You need to create two Lemur Daemon connections (one for IN, one for OUT) and one Keyboard/Mouse conection.

The Keyboard/Mouse connection can not be configured from the Lemur app on your iPad. You must use the Lemur Daemon to do this.

The Lemur Daemon is installed automatically when you install the Lemur Editor. The Lemur Editor/Daemon is a free download. You can get the installer on the Liine website.

Once Lemur Daemon/Lemur Editor are installed perform the following steps:

1. Make sure that the Lemur app is running on your iPad.
  2. Launch the Lemur Daemon if it is not already running. This is an app running on your Mac/Windows and not on the iPad.
  3. Click the Lemur Daemon icon in the OS X menu bar or in the tray notification area on Windows. Select Setup Lemur Daemon.
    Lemur Daemon Ports Configuration

4. Click Add in the window of Lemur Daemon.
    Lemur Daemon Ports Configuration

5. Doubleclick on Daemon KbMouse out to open this node.
  6. Doubleclick on Mouse Keyboard
    Lemur Daemon Ports Configuration

7. Your iPad should show up in the next screen. Doubleclick it
  8. Select KbMouse 0 and click the Connect button.
    Lemur Daemon Ports Configuration

The Keyboard/Mouse Connection is now setup. Lemur Daemon Ports Configuration
  9. Now proceed and setup the Daemon Input 0 and the Daemon Output 0 connection. When you are ready the window of Lemur Daemon should look like shown in the following figure:
    Lemur Daemon Ports Configuration

Lemur In/Out 0 are used for the communication between the Traktor mapping and the Lemur app. KbMouse 0 is used to move the mouse pointer around the screen and to click on the Traktor user interface.

Step 3: Tell the template about your Traktor Layout And Configuration

The template/mapping package is based on the following approach: If a remix deck feature can be controlled with the mouse, we can emulate mouse clicks whenever a button/pad on the Lemur is pressed. For example, if you press one of the pads in the cell matrix, the template moves the mouse to that cell, sends a mouse click, and playback of the cell is started.

In order to be able to calculate the correct x/y coordinates, the template needs to know your screen resolution and how you have configured your Traktor layout. Use the UIConfig tab to tell the Lemur template about your configuration:

1. Open the UIConfig tab of the Lemur template on your iPad.
  2. Use the buttons on the left side to tell the template which of the UI elements are enabled/disabled in your Traktor layout.
    You do not need to change the Traktor layout itself. Simply press the buttons until the text on all buttons and your Traktor layout do match.

Select Traktor Layout

Example: If the Tempo Fader of Deck C is visible on your Traktor screen, press the button "My Tempo Fader in Deck C" button until the button text says "My Tempo Fader in Deck C is ON".
    Another example: If the Global Section on your Traktor screen is not visible, press the button "My Global Section..." until the button text says "My Global Section is OFF".

3. Use the buttons in section Current Resolution on the right side to tell the template which screen resolution you use (only the width in pixels is necessary).

Select Screen Resolution

4. Use the buttons in section Select your Operating System so tell the templae whether you are using a Mac or Windows.
    Select Operating System

5. IMPORTANT  Goto Traktor and switch Traktor to Full Screen Mode. You MUST run Traktor in full screen mode, otherwiese the magic does not work.
  6. IMPORTANT  Open the Advanced Edit Panel on the remix decks C and D. This panel MUST be open. Otherwise the various playback parameters of the sample cells cannot be changed.

Step 4: Start the Template

Now that everything is configured, go the the UIconfig tab of the Lemur interface and click the "START TEMPLATE" button.

Start Template

While the template is running the START TEMPLATE button is red, and the template translates your button taps on the Lemur into mouse actions.

Template is running

IMPORTANT Sometimes it can happen, that the mouse pointer seems to be captured. If this happens use the button RELEASE MOUSE and everything should be fine again.

Features

The template allows you to control remix deck C and remix deck D. Use the buttons in the upper left to toggle between C and D. Below the deck selection buttons you see the buttons to load a remix set, and to play/pause the deck. Use the pads labeled with 1...4 to switch between the four pages of the cell grid.

Lemur Remix Decks, the cell grid

The middle section contains the volume/filter faders for each slot and the 4x4 cell grid.

With the lower four buttons you can:

• Mute/Unmute the slot by pressing the button
  • Stop Playback by holding SHIFT and pressing the button, pressing the button again when the slot is stopped, unloads the sample
  • Enable/Disable the slot filter by holding SELECT and pressing the button

Use the buttons on the right side to change the playback parameters of one cell: First hold SELECT and press the pad of the cell you wish to edit. The cell becomes selected but it is not triggered. Then press the button of the parameter you wish to change.

The QUANT button in the lower right toggles the quantize feature of the active deck.

Lemur Remix Decks, Slot Attributes

If you hold SHIFT a new panel is opened where you can set the four attributes available for each slot. With the Physics buttons you can enable/disable "physics" for the filter faders: if physics are enabled, the fader jumps back to the middle position when you release the fader.

Use the SOLO buttons to solo one of the four slots.

Setting your default Configuration

If you have a particular configuration of your Traktor layout that you use all the time, it can be more convient to store your configuration as default. This can be done quite easily by making some minor changes to one function in the lemur script code.

Open the template in Lemur editor and click on function SetConfigData in the Project Panel.

Then change the following lines:

• initScreenWidth=1920;
    Replace 1920 by your screen width
  • initGlobalSection=1;
    Set to 1 if your global section is visible, otherwise set to 0.
  • initMixerFaderPanel=0;
    Set to 1 if your EQ+Fader panel is visible, otherwise set to 0.
  • initMixerKeyEtcPanel=0;
    Set to 1 if your Filter+Gain+Key... panel is visible, otherwise set to 0.
  • initAdvancedPanelAB=1;
    Set to 1 if the advanced panels of decks A and B are visible, otherwise set to 0.
  • fOnWindows=1;
    Set to 1 if you are using Windows. Set to 0 if you are using Mac OS X.
  • initTempoFader = {0,0,0,0};
    This line contains information about the status of the tempo faders for all four decks. The first number is for deck A, the second for deck B etc.
    Change the line to initTempoFader = {0,0,1,1}; if the tempo faders for deck C and D are visible.
  • filterPhysicsC and filterPhysicsD contain the default values of the physic setting for the filter faders of deck C and deck D. By default physics is enabled for all filters. If you prefer to disable one or more of them, change the 1 to 0.

Version History

Version 1.00: Initial release (June 1, 2012)

Version 1.01: Fixes and Improvements (June 2, 2012)
FIX: Play button always started deck D
FIX: Changing Screen Width on UIConfig tab did not update the Info panel
NEW: Page pads show currently selected page (works as long as page selection is done with the template only, as Traktor does not provide the page information)
NEW: Starting the template triggers Send Monitor State, helps to get the Traktor UI and the template in Sync

Version 1.02: Fixes and Improvements (June 4, 2012)
NEW: Sync button for Deck
NEW: On/Off buttons for Slot Filters on main interface
FIX: Fixed a bug in calculation of x/y coordinates

Version 1.03: Improvements (June 9, 2012)
NEW: Added Compatibility option for Windows

Downlad most recent version here

Writen by Rainer G. Haselier, thanks to Joe for coming up with the general approach

94 Comments

padi_04
wrote on June 1, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Will give it a try later today. Nice to know you implemented that filter feature, saved me having to edit it :)
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Great, let me know how it works, please.

tojolema
wrote on June 1, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Hammer!!!

Vielen vielen Dank Rainer, wie immer Top! Weiter so!
btw, gibt es eine Möglichkeit zu Spenden?

Grüße
Gerne doch.

djlab
wrote on June 2, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Thanks so much¡

timo
wrote on June 2, 2012 at 10:26 AM
NICE!

Sind Latenzen spürbar bei diesem Workaround???

Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Nö, das geht so schnell, dass das nicht spürbar ist. Probier's einfach mal aus.

Olaf
wrote on June 3, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Hallo Rainer,
erstmal danke für dieses Template. Aber: Ich habe das Problem, dass, wenn ich die tsi-Datei lade, immer nur noch genau einen Slot eines remix-Decks abspielen kann. Also, per default sind alle Slots gemuted und der MuteUnmute-Button in Traktor arbeit wie ein RadioButton, das heißt, unmute ich einen Slot sind die anderen 3 wieder gemuted. Lösche ich das tsi-Template in der Controller-Konfiguration ist wieder alles OK und ich kann die Slots unabhängig voneinander muten und unmuten. Was mache ich falsch???
Danke
Olaf
Hallo Olaf,
Mute/Unmute funktioniert mit den vier Buttons unterhalb des Grids. Die Solo-Button machen folgendes: Nur der Slot, dessen Button du anklickst, bleibt hörbar, alle anderen werden gemuted.

LG Rainer

Dj hessler
wrote on June 4, 2012 at 5:32 PM
How do you load the file into the iPad?

DJ Hessler
wrote on June 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM
xcuse me but I found the answer for my previous q

Now I have another....

How what is the prog Lemur Deamon and how do Ilounch/get it
There is no way (I can find) to launch it in my iPad in Lemur??
It is not to be found in Appstore

Please help I bought this prog and I can not make it work,,,,,
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Lemur Daemon is the tool running on your Mac/Win. It creates the connection between the iPad and your computer. It is installed automatically when you install the Lemur editor. The Lemur editor is a free download on the Liine website.

Mark
wrote on June 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM
I still cant work out how to use the template? The filr dosent open with touch osc editor?

Im running ipad connecting to a macbook pro using the midi networking prefs, i created a session and traktor is receiving input but there is latency. im doing this on another free template. Need to get your template installed

thanks so much

Mark
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
You need to have the Lemur app running on your iPad. I tested the template with USB and WiFi, I have almost no latency.

tony
wrote on June 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM
the only that is working  are the sample buttons the mouse dose not align up with anything else
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Did you tell the template your screen resolution and your Traktor layout as explained above?

djlab
wrote on June 5, 2012 at 5:57 AM
Hello Rainer, Thanks for this template, I think your work is great.
I just have some trouble because I think i don't find the right configuration, I get to work the sample buttons, the page, the new sync, but all the other buttons don't match, Im sending a picture of traktor and your template so maybe you can help me.
THANKS A LOT!!!

djlab
wrote on June 5, 2012 at 6:14 AM
I just solve it,
GLOBAL SECTTION ON
A/B OFF
CHANNEL ON
KEY ON
TEMPO C OFF
TEMPO D OFF

and double click on the tractor remix deck so i get the trigger, reverse, sync, sample, etc...

THANKS ANYWAYS THIS IS GREAT !ª  :)
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Perfect! Now enjoy to remix!

Tony
wrote on June 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Yes I followed the instruction but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong
It just wired that the sample triggers pads are the only thing the lines up with he mouse
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
You need to go to the UI config tab of the Lemur template.
Tap the button on the left side until the text next to the button matches your Traktor layout.

And make sure that you use the latest version (1.02) of the Lemur template and the Traktor TSI.

dj_lem
wrote on June 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM
alas i do not have an ipad, but i do have 2 android pads
was able to get this working with the following setup:

-Bome's Midi Translator v1.7.2 can map MIDI messages to Mouse Moves/Clicks
-TouchOSC Bridge Relays touchosc messages to Bome's
-TouchOSC v1.3 App on the Android provides controls

i take it the mouse coordinates of all the buttons are in your lemur project, which i assume is XML? let me get started at converting that to Bome's Map so all Android users can start using the remix decks

bome's is a PAID application before you get too excited... still cheaper than an F1 ;)
thanks for the awesome tutorial
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
You can download the Lemur editor for free from the http://liine.net website. You can load my template into the Lemur editor. This allows to see my script code.

The Lemur script language is similar to C. So it is not too difficult to understand.

There are no absolute mouse coordinates in my code. I use a reference point for each deck. Then take the screen resolution, and the Traktor UI elements that are visible, to calculate the x/y coordinates on the fly.

You even can change your computer screen resolution while the template is running. After you changed the resolution, you simply open the UI config tab on the Lemur, tap onto the screen width you use, and everything will work again.

Please let me know when your project is ready, it deserves its own page on TraktorBible.com.

dj_lem
wrote on June 5, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Thanks Rainer!

Actually got the Lemur Editor installed already and looking over your code project... now that you explain to me about the reference point, it makes perfect sense to me (the script, kind of like ActionScript it seems)... it's also essential to support multiple screen rez ic

this should not take me too long to x-late from your code logic, to Bome's MIDI-To-Mouse features. although i have to say i'm very impressed with the Lemur.

if anyone out there knows another well done MIDI-To-Mouse mapper with a rich feature set then let me know Bome's is great but is a 20min demo, which you can keep restarting, just a nuissance

it would be great if this type of functionality was included in TouchOSC, but alas that editor connects to Ipads only as well

for now i will continue on a working android solution with your template as my model.
i already got the mouse clicking working with the midi, now just the rest

Chriz239
wrote on June 5, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Hi,

nette Idee und echt Respekt für die viele Arbeit die dahinter steckt.

Ich habe das eben auf Windows 7 versucht zum laufen zu bekommen, jedoch springt meine Maus nur auf den Sample Slots herum, aber es passiert nichts.

Mich würde interessieren, warum du Maussprünge verwendest, wenn doch ein "richtiges" MIDI Mapping besser geeignet wäre?

Liebe Grüße
Chris
Hi Chris,

ich verwende ein MIDI-Mapping für alles, für das Traktor Mappingbefehle zur Verfügung stellt. Maussprünge verwende ich nur, wenn Traktor keine Mappingbefehle für die entsprechenden Aktionen bereitstellt (wie das Triggern aller Zellen in der Grid-Matrix).

Siehe dazu auch meinen Artikel hier:

Ich schau mir das unter Windows nochmal an, das sollte eigentlich auch unter Win funktionieren.

Viele Grüße

Terry
wrote on June 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM
I may have done something completely wrong or I'm really thick.... but I've connected lemur up and everything works except the 4x4 pads. I cant seem to get the pads to activate the other loops or get them to stop playing the samples.....

Is there coding i have missed for this?

cheers

Sorry for my lack of midi programming skills i just play music LOL
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Please check my comment below.

Alberto Rocco
wrote on June 7, 2012 at 12:06 PM
hi,
same problem!
everything works except the 4x4 pads.
I only can activate/mute the slots but i can change the samples.

bye
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Please check my comment below.

the unknown wanderer
wrote on June 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Same here the 4x4 pads dont seem to trigger any samples...however if that is fixed this would be one awesome part of the lemur arsenal!!!!

Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Just for the record: the unknown wanderer got it to work.
I think the trick was to put Traktor in fullscreen mode....

Stefan
wrote on June 7, 2012 at 5:41 PM
I also don't get the right setup to get the mouse movements work... :-( all the rest works...

The Remix Deck Layout is set to advanced, resolution is right at 1440, and I tried any Layout Change to match different setups with the lemur UIconfig...

Where can I send my normal Layout as jpg I use to get help what to set to on/off in the UIConfig ???

Thanks

Stefan

stefan
wrote on June 7, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Got it... in the UIConfig the play button must be active (red)... thought it would be vice versa...

:-)

great stuff
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Great. In the first version the mouse messaages were sent always. The prbolem was then that too many messages were queueing up and all send at the same time.

To avoid this, I added the "Start Template" button.

Alberto
wrote on June 7, 2012 at 6:37 PM
if anyone know a solution about playing 4x4 samples on mac osx please tell it!

if it completely works it's a great solution waiting ni's developers work for open it to other midi controllers.

thanksss
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Please check my comment below.

Rainer Haselier
wrote on June 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM
To those guys where the 4x4 pads is not working.

Do you see the mouse moving on the screen when you press one of the pads?

If the answer is NO proceed as follows:

1. Make sure that the Lemur app is running on your iPad.
  2. Launch the Lemur Daemon. This is an app running on your Mac/Windows.
  3. Click the Lemur Daemon icon and select Setup Lemur Daemon.
  4. Click Add in the window of Lemur Daemon.
  5. Doubleclick on Daemon KbMouse out to open this node.
  6. Doubleclick on Mouse Keyboard
  7. Your iPad should show up in the next screen. Doubleclick it
  8. Select KbMouse 0 and click the Connect button.

Don't forget to start the template on the UI Config tab. After the template is started it creates and sends mouse messages to your Mac/Windows.

I hope this helps, if not, please let me know.

Alberto
wrote on June 7, 2012 at 7:36 PM
I've made it right from the beggining,
to be sure i remake all and the results is the same..
I make all step you wrote but I can't see the mouse moving.

maybe is something in osx preferences?
I have a vms 4.1 and its mouse moves correctly.
it should be the same thing. :(

TNX for the help.
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Are you on Windows or Mac?

Alberto
wrote on June 7, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Macbook 13" with lion,

I also tried changing resolution on both mac and on ipad but did not change anything anyway.

Alberto
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Did you start the template with the button in the lower right of the UIConfig tab?

Alberto
wrote on June 7, 2012 at 7:46 PM
yes I've done everything you wrote.

Alberto
wrote on June 7, 2012 at 7:49 PM
I'm really stupid at times,
and I say that I have remapped each controller i have including modifier!
Sorry for the inconvenience, the template was running normally,
and whenever I turned off.
sorry again and thanks for the help
Is it working now then?

Alberto
wrote on June 7, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Perfectly!!!

Thanks for creating this mapping ..

greetings
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Super. Happy it works for you!

Have a good evening!

Olaf
wrote on June 7, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Hi Rainer,
leider hab ich Dein Template noch nicht zum Laufen gebracht:
1. Die Fader auf dem iPad bewegen sich, wenn ich sie in Traktor bewege, ziehe ich sie auf dem iPad, passiert nichts in Traktor
2. Die Trigger-Buttons im iPad lassen die Maus in Traktor springen, lösen aber nicht den Start eines Samples aus. Obwohl sie (teilweise) an der richtigen Stelle sind (siehe 3.)
3. Die Trigger werden im D-Deck im 4 Slot nicht mehr getroffen, die Maus landet zu weit links. Betätige ich gleichzeitig den Select-Button, wird das sample korrekt selektiert
4. Der Start-Button zeigt korrekt an, dass ein Deck läuft, das Klicken auf den iPad-Button bewirkt aber nichts

Soweit ich das aktuell sehe, zeigt das iPad alles korrekt an, was ich direkt in Traktor mache, ich kann aber NICHTS vom iPad aus starten, stoppen bzw. Fader bewegen. Ist bestimmt ne Kleinigkeit, die ich falsch mache, aber es funktioniert leider noch nicht. Achja, ich habe ne 1600x900er Auflösung.

Wäre für weitere Tipps sehr dankbar...
Gruß
Olaf
Hallo Olaf,

hast du schon die Version 1.02 installiert?
Mit der sollte das funzen...

LG

olaf
wrote on June 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Ja, hab 1.02 installiert...

Chris
wrote on June 8, 2012 at 4:02 AM
Thnx a lot from italy too.. b

but i have a problem... too...

i think to set everything ok but not all works..

Sliders, load, sync etc.. works good.. but 'play grid buttons' don't work.. i check everything.. but when i press play buttons no one 'ctrl midi signal' appear on traktor headline.. (while ctrl-led blink every time i press other buttons)..
where i wrong?
thnx so much
Chris

Chris
wrote on June 8, 2012 at 4:32 AM
I have tried with some steps.. changing resolution, decks views etc... and finally seems t be work.. the only problem is that i can't see my browser tree below.. to match everythings, the choose is not have the file browser.. hmmmm
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
I have re-written the setup instructions.
You do not need to change your Traktor layout. Simply tell the template how your Traktor screen does look like.

olaf
wrote on June 8, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Ja, hab 1.02 installiert...

Alberto
wrote on June 8, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Per il ragazzo italiano che ha problemi:
Assicurati che traktor vada a schermo intero
Poi devi andare nella pagina di configurazione i/o (in lemur)
E il play è attivato quando é presente il simbolo play (|>), non
Quando c'è il simbolo "O"..
Anche se hai sbagliato configurazione se hai attivato correttamente
Il mouse dovresti comunque vederlo muovere..

Alberto
wrote on June 8, 2012 at 9:20 AM
For the Italian boy who has problems: Make sure traktor go full screen Then you go to the configuration page i / o (in lemur) It is activated when the play is play on the symbol (|>), not When there is the symbol "O" .. Even if you have the wrong configuration if you have successfully activated The mouse should still see it moving ..

SantzBr
wrote on June 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Hello all right? I'm trying to run your project REMIX! WITH THE LEMUR on my MACBOOK PRO 13 and I can not, I do everything right, and the mouse will not for the place you should, I'm doing full screen with Traktor 2.5 and the project settings and open the Lemur and the iPad 3, TRAKTOR FOREVERNOW tested the F1 - LEMUR EMULATOR forum that is in lemur and give everything. 1280 screen. What is going wrong? I look back. thank you

SantzBr
wrote on June 8, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Sorry my english I'm from Brazil and do not speak english, translate google translation, sorry. But I'm trying to run your project on my iphone 3, Congratulations for your efforts and for your project if you can help me I'll be grateful.

Dave B
wrote on June 8, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Hi there - firstly just wanted to say well done for a fantastic job done here.

The only problem i am having with the 4 x 4 panels now is that i can only use the first column bank correctly. If i try to select samples on columns 2, 3 or 4 - the mouse cursor hovers over the text of the sample so that when i click it, it highlights the text for editing. I have the correct resolution settings for my imac which is 1920 x 1080 so I have selected 1920 on the UIconfig button.

If you could help that would be great.  And again - well done for the template!

Danny
wrote on June 9, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Hi nice work.

I'm trying to get this to work but in the lemur daemon I'm unable to map the keyboard and mouse... my Ipad is visible with(correct ip and port) but i'm unable to connect.

Other stuff works (midi mappings).

Anyone any idea?

regards D

Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Please have a look at the rewritten setup instructions.
They should help you better now to get the Lemur template up and running.

Micha
wrote on June 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Hi Rainer,

Thanks for the template, I almost got it working, but am walking in a similar problem as Olaf.

Everything works, and the mouse cursor moves, but no action (mouse click) is implemented. Screen layout is as it should be, so no coördinate problem here.

Micha
wrote on June 9, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I'm on windows 7, should this matter.

Hi Micha,

yes Mac/Windows matters. There is a bug in the Lemur app. I am working now on version 1.03 of the template which fixes the problem in the Lemur app.

In the new version you can select if you are on Windows or Mac and the template will work on both platforms.

The update should be ready later today.

mlvb
wrote on June 10, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Thanks for this nice template!

Since it is mouse triggered I guess you can play two samples at the same time (not in loop mode)?

MLvB

mlvb
wrote on June 10, 2012 at 10:32 PM
sorry I mean NOT play two samples at the same time.
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
True, this is not possible.

Dave-B
wrote on June 10, 2012 at 11:04 PM
man this is awesome - i've now got it working!  thanks
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Did the new setup instructions help?

Dave-B
wrote on June 11, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Yes, thank you. I think the reason it wasnt working for me before was because i hadnt selected that Pitch adjust on c and dwere on. This must have been putting the cursor off.

Thanks

Dave-B
Correct.

Great that it works for you as well now.

Pavel
wrote on June 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Hey Rainer!

thanks for this awesome template! It took me a few minutes to setup it correctly (big up for your manual and support in comments) I followed this easy steps but the only thing that I couldn't get right was a mouse control. After a few hours of searching what can be wrong I realize that I made mouse connection via Lemur Daemon but actually I didn't connect the Mouse KbMouse 0 :D stupid mistake. Anyway now it's working great!

TY!

Pavel

sparksta
wrote on June 11, 2012 at 8:56 PM
thanks a lot...

But how do i set it up on my 15" macbook pro 1650 resolution?

I have to switch to 1440 to make the template work...

How do i do that?
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
You could change one of the buttons on the UI Config tab:
- select the button in Lemur Editor
- change the text in Properties panel
- open the OnPress function of that one button and replace the numbers with the screen widht by 1650

Dave-B
wrote on June 11, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Rainer,

Will it be possible in future to colour code the 4 x 4 buttons do you think?

Cheers

Dave-B
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Colour code so they match the colours used in the remix decks?

This can be done as soon NI removes the unnecesary restriction not to provide mapping commands for the remix decks.

bertie
wrote on June 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM
not sure why but having opposite problem to others.cannot get midi connection open.mouse port is fine.but when i add deamon midi it doesnt show anything to connect to ....do i need midi loop or something?
 Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Yes, if you are using Windows you need to use midiloop or something similar. This is explained in the lemur manual.

Best

bertie
wrote on June 15, 2012 at 4:10 PM
thanks for the quick reply rainer and the great work. q1more question for you, we tried with midiloop before, the connections were open in damon but we could not get the faders etc to work....traktor not registering any midi control coming in. using midifighter e3d and sr4,could this be why or is there a setting in traktor im missingk?sorry for noob question but very new to midi over wifi.
thanks for the good work

Rainer G. Haselier (admin) says:
Check the in-port. And out-port setting in Traktor controller manager.
You need to select the ports of the virtual midi device you use.

bertie
wrote on June 15, 2012 at 4:52 PM
thanks man, been driving me nuts for e3days :)

Raik
wrote on June 25, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Hi Rainer, hatte die Template probiert und auf meine MBP Auflösung von 1680 geändert. Das klappt absolut genial. Danke für deine absolut genialen Vorarbeiten! Das macht die Sache echt super einfach. Btw ich benutze eine Winkelcase mt MC6000. Ich hatte vor das IPAD entweder rechts oder links quasi an das Case abnehmbar zu montieren. Da hatte ich bei K&M die einzige Alternative gefunden. Diese IPad Halter scheinen super stabil zu sein. Hast du evtl noch gute iPad Halterungen gesehen, die dem Zweck entsprechen? Schon mal vorab Danke für deinen Tip.

Sergio Santana
wrote on June 26, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Tks 1280X800 my screen and I can not help me sync clicks. I did everything correctly

Smiffy
wrote on June 27, 2012 at 11:19 PM
AWESOME ! just bought an s2 and this had just opened the whole thing up ! Once set up this is amazing :)

Ankape
wrote on July 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Hallo Rainer,

erst mal insgesamt super Arbeit, was du da machst (Traktor Bible und Lemur Template). Leider bringe ich die Midi-Geschichte deines Templates nicht zum laufen. Mit der Maus klappt alles wunderbar ;)

Wo bitteschön finde ich im Dämon Lemur Input 0/Output 0 zum einstellen? Das ist wohl das Problem was es zu lösen gilt.
Bei mir sieht der Dämon wie in Bild 6 deines Tutorials aus. Dämon KbMouse Out kann ich alles einstellen. Zur weiteren Auswahl steht wie in Bild 6 Dämon MIDI In und Out. Mit einem Doppelklick finde ich dort alle MIDI-Ports, wie ich sie auch in Traktor im Controller Manager einstellen  kann (Bei mir stehen da TouchOSC Bridge, MIDI Yoke 1 bis 8, Xone K2, X1 zur Verfügung). Aber wo verdammt ;) stelle ich Dämon Output und Input ein.

Hoffe du kannst mir helfen.

Gruß Ankape

Ankape
wrote on July 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM
So,

wie ich gerade festgestellt habe, klappt alles mit einem USB-MIDI-Interface. Somit ist alles OK.
Aber vielleicht fällt dir doch noch eine Lösung für die Wlan-Variante ein.

Gruß Ankape

Skotish
wrote on July 5, 2012 at 2:28 AM
I am not able to load other Remix libraries (the ones that came with the 2.5 update), it always defaults to the top Remix set in my tree list, despite attempting to select others. (I am using my S4 with this, not sure if that matters).

Fred
wrote on July 6, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Gibt es mal ein beispiel video, wie das alles zusammen funktioniert?

Alex
wrote on July 12, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Hallo Rainer,

erstmal super beschrieben super Template alles klasse wie gewohnt!

Jedoch habe ich das Problem das wenn ich die jeweiligen Reihen nach rechts abspielen will der Mauszeiger immer weiter nach Rechts geht und schon beim zweitem Slot nicht mehr den "Play" button trifft, habe auch die Auflösung 1440 mit der höhe passt alles soweit nur mit der breite stimmt anscheinend irgendwas nicht.

Was kann oder soll ich tun ?

Vielen dank und liebe Grüße ;-)

Alex
Hi Alex,

das liegt dann an einer falschen Einstellung für
- Tempo Fader und/oder
- Channel Fader Panel (Mixer) und/oder
- Gain/Filter/Key Panel.

Bitte prüfe, ob die Konfiguration im Lemur-Template mit der Traktor-Oberfläche übereinstimmt. Wenn beides identisch ist, funktioniert die Berechnung der Mauskoordinaten.

Chris
wrote on July 20, 2012 at 8:15 AM
hi, I just follow all your instructions and everything works well except for the volume and filter faders... they move over the ipad but nothing happens in traktor... aditional data: windows pc, traktor s4, tp 2.5
thanks in advance

Boris
wrote on July 20, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Hallo Rainer,

Vielen dank für die tolle Template!!!

Ich habe nur ein par Probleme:

1.  "1...4 to switch between the four pages of the cell grid". GEHT NICHT, wenn ich versuche auf die 2 page zu drücken passiert nichts (im Ipad geht de pad auch nicht an).
  2. Die ganzen launch pads gehen nicht, ich kann die clips nicht abspielen....
  3. Die filter haben sich auf hold eingestellt und ich weiss nicht wie ich die wieder auf toggle umstellen soll...
  4. Ich weiss nicht wass nicht wie folgende tasten funktionieren und was Sie für eine funktion haben (manche schon):
  •          - Physics on / Set trigger/ set sample/ Start offset/ pitch /gain
Um eine kurze antwocht währe ich dir dankbar!!!

VG,

Boris

Steve
wrote on July 23, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Muss ich den Lemur Editor jedes mal auf dem Mac neu starten, das Template reinlasen, die Verbindung zum iPad herstellen und dann auf Play drücken?
Hi Steve,

du kannst das Template auf dem iPad speichern. Das geht über das Settings-Icon oben rechts auf der Lemur-Oberfläche.

Beste Grüße

Boris
wrote on July 25, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Hallo Raiener,

Es klapt alles super!!! (ich habe in zwischen schon die ganze Seite gelesen!! hahaha, aber mir wurde klar was ich nicht wusste). Das einzige was nicht geht ist im deck D den gain nach oben zu drehen, nur nach untern... gibt es da irgend eine Möglichkeit um es zum laufen zu bringen??? (ich sehe wi die Maus genau da neben drückt!!)

Vielen dank nochmals für die tolle template und für die viele Arbeit!!

Boris

Boris
wrote on July 25, 2012 at 11:09 AM
PS: und mann kann auch die Physics vom filter im 4rten slot von deck D nicht auf on stellen.

Daanke!!

Boris

Boris
wrote on July 25, 2012 at 11:10 AM
PS: und mann kann auch die Physics vom filter im 4rten slot von deck D nicht auf OFF stellen.

Daanke!!

Sorry für den Fehler!!

Boris

Steve
wrote on July 28, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Soweit alles Super. Aber wenn ich im Editor die current Resolution auf 1280 einstelle, das Template speicher und dann aufs iPad übertrage steht wieder 2560 Resolution. Er uebernimmt meinen eingetragenen wer nicht. Alle anderen Änderungen wurden uebernommen.

Steve
wrote on July 28, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Soweit alles Super. Aber wenn ich im Editor die current Resolution auf 1280 einstelle, das Template speicher und dann aufs iPad übertrage steht wieder 2560 Resolution. Er uebernimmt meinen eingetragenen Wert nicht. Alle anderen Änderungen wurden uebernommen.

Steve
wrote on July 28, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Drakenberg
wrote on July 31, 2012 at 7:43 PM
hello there, great one guys!

only one problem, the lemur ap takes over my MacBooks mouse and keyboard, i can't click/type or nothing, Really weird. Any known bug this one?

Cheers

dangurner
wrote on August 9, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Hi Rainer,

Thanks for the template!

I am having just a couple of minor problems though....

....when I connect up the ports, I can connect the mouse/keyboard fine, but the Daemon ports give the options of input/output through my soundcard, kontrol x1 or touchosc ports....is this correct?  If so which ports do I connect through.

When I connect to Traktor, I do have some movement from the mouse but it definately dosent do what its supposed to and I feel this may be the issue.

Thanks for your time, keep up the good work!

Dan

Dre
wrote on August 9, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Works good for triggering all the samples in the remix decks....thanks!

One question, how do I connect via USB?  I can get my iPad to show up in the deamon or the editor.  I can only do it via WIFI, but WIFI while using Traktor gives me audio drops and cracks.

Thanks,

Jody
wrote on August 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Will this work with a retina macbook? cant see why it wouldn't if I scale my resolution down but i'd just like some input from someone a bit more in the know. I have no need for lemur other than to control remixdecks so i'm not forking out £35 if its not going to work. thanks in advance, Jody

dangurner
wrote on August 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Right....

....got it connected etc but the punch buttons dont seem to work properly....what could this be please?

Thanks for your help, hopefully will get this working soon!

Dj BigTee
wrote on August 16, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Hello there,

So I followed all the steps posted, but not quite working good.
i'm using:
-Traktor Pro 2
-DDJ - T1 controller
-1280 * 1029 Res.
-Win 7 32 bit
-32" LCD screen.

I was hoping if ANYONE who got this working please help ?

Thanks for the effort, appreciate it!!
Peace!!

Dj Touls
wrote on August 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Hallo Raiener,

Zunächst legte vielen Dank für die harte Arbeit u in die dies möglich gemacht!

Sekunden, versuchte ich und folgte ur Instruktionen bekam aber nur die Mittagspause Proben arbeiten, und die Seiten zu blättern sowie die Veröffentlichung Schleife etc Tasten ... aber die Last wird nicht funktionieren, Wiedergabe / Pause auch die Mute-Tasten als auch .. auch alle anderen Dinge Arent so gut funktioniert exepct für diejenigen, erzählte ich u zu!
ich habe ein 1360 res.

Dj Touls
wrote on August 17, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Ich habe die Einstellung in der config. script bis 1360, aber immer noch, pflegen andere Tasten funktionieren ..
eine Idee, wie man damit es funktioniert?
oh btw Ich benutze Windows 7 auch! tks im Voraus!

Alles ist in der Musik!

john j
wrote on September 13, 2012 at 3:48 AM
could you please post a video using the template or showing how you use it with your traktor? that would be cool man!!

thank you for this project, its really nice

vamp
wrote on October 3, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Hey quick question, all of a sudden i can only play one slot at a time, its like it solo's the selected sample no matter what i do! new to this. pleas help!

Christoph
wrote on October 5, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Hallo Rainer,

super Arbeit mit dem Template!!

Ich hätte eine Frage:

Man kann während das Template aktiv ist, nicht gleichzeitig mit der Maus und dem
ipad agieren oder? Weil die Maus ja immer an die Stelle springt die man auf dem ipad drückt.

Stimmt das soweit?

Vielen Dank!

Christoph

Eric Foxx
wrote on October 8, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Can this template work in the original HARDWARE LEMUR????

max
wrote on October 20, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Hi Rainer
I work on a macbook pro and have also a bcd3000 mixer connected to traktor. apparently I cannot yet sort out the right configuration, only the sample selectors work, but the rest doesn't and have already tried all possible cofigurations. My screen resolution 1440. any hint?
thx

max
wrote on October 20, 2012 at 12:21 AM
I managed to get the right hand side buttons to work but load, play and sync do not really move the mouse anywhere on the screen.

thx!

Joe
wrote on November 21, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Hi Rainer I have downloaded everything ok but i can't get any of the sample selector or the page selector to work. The faders/filter work fine. On imac at the mo with 2560x1440 resolution.<div><br></div><div>Any ideas cheers</div>

Stephan
wrote on November 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Hallo,

hat jemand ne Idee, woran es liegen kann, dass sich meine Maus gar nicht bewegt? Die Verbindung Lemur-PC funktioniert aber, andere Templates habe ich schon benutzt und ich sehe auch im Lemur-Editor, wenn ich am Ipad einen Fader bewege. Die Maus bewegt sich allerdings nie, keine Ahnung was da los ist.

Anyone an Idea what this could be, when my Mouse isn't moving? The Connection Ipad-PC works fine!

Greets & Thanks

Sebastian
wrote on December 29, 2012 at 3:38 AM
@Stephan: dit you turn the template on? The release mouse button has to be visible (then the template is on) I had the problem of the faders working to but no mouse action.

I love this template and bought Lemur especially because of this template. Awesome stuff.

matloh
wrote on December 31, 2012 at 10:29 PM
? can't add mousekb out =- wtf is wrong with my setup? i can see my ipad wifi ad-hoc network but can't connect to it .... pls help

matloh
wrote on December 31, 2012 at 11:01 PM
ok made it

JM
wrote on January 6, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Just wanted to say thank you! Awesome work!
Took me a min to figure everything out, but it works now.
My config - Macbook Santa Rosa - Kontrol S4 - Traktor 2.6 - iPad 2 iOS 5.1.1

Ace
wrote on January 10, 2013 at 5:01 AM
Hilfe bitte, Bei Deck Deck D geht der "Physics is ON" button nicht, ist wohl rot, aber steht noch ON
und die funktion geht auch nicht. Wie kann mann das beheben??

Help please, At Deck Deck D is the "Physics is ON" button don`t go, is probably red, but is still ON
and the function will not work either. How man can fix it?

Ace
wrote on January 10, 2013 at 5:02 AM
Alle anderen Slots bei C und D laufen optimal

All other slots are working

Ace
wrote on January 10, 2013 at 5:05 AM
gerade habe ich gesehen bei Deck C ist auch die anzeige falsch OFF/ON
Funktion läuft

Deck C Slot 4 is working but the OFF/ON Display is wrong

Jason
wrote on January 15, 2013 at 1:56 AM

hey hey friend..how are you..?

Happy new year to you and your TraktorBible family..

1st...well done on the remix deck app...looks pretty sick..

I am having some problems with it..and i know i am just missing one step...

i have already downloaded the daemon...running it fine...have lemur app...reunning that fine...setup my adhoc network..that's fine...

BUT..step #9...i think i am not understanding..

9.Now proceed and setup the Daemon Input 0 and the Daemon Output 0 connection. When you are ready the window of Lemur Daemon should look like shown in the following figure

How do I get the Daemon Input and Output to 0...?

I can see the remix deck on my ipad..i loaded the tsi file etc etc.....but it is not responding when I touch the ipad...

So obviously..i didn't do that part right..

can you help..

thanks..
Jay

james barguss
wrote on June 2, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Apologies Rainer
Im having the same trouble everyone else is.

Every thing works except the 4x4 sample buttons. I guess this is stemming from start stop template. When i press start it doesnt go red and i just get a white circle.

Im running a MBP 13" with OSX 10.8.3 and Traktor scratch 2.6.1

I have the resolution set how all traktor looks. I have the Daemon set with kb mouse. I have followed your instructions to the letter leaving out nothing and using the very latest version.

HELP ME PLEASE aaarrggg

james barguss
wrote on June 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM
FACE PALM!!!!!

Because when i downloaded the Lemur App and installed the remix deck template it was already switched to the ON position. Since i followed your instructions to the letter when i got to the PRESS the template start button i was switching it off every time. Working a treat now. Great app

Edgar
wrote on September 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Hallo Rainer!!!
Bei Mouse and Keyboard erscheint Keine I-pad liste
Habe sowohl auf den rechner und auf den Pad die 4.1
Version oben und trtzdem kann Lemur Daemon kein I-pad erkennen.
Weisst du vieleicht weiter???
Lg Edgar