Traktor Pro S4 – External Recording
As some people might have noticed, the option "External" is removed in the Recording panel.
I have an EFX500 from Pioneer on my master output. The output of the EFX500 goes directly to my speakers. The headphone output on the EFX500 goes to the input on my Audio 8 DJ for recording.
But I had to use an external program (i.e. Audacity) to record my sets because external recording was removed in the Preferences/Mix Recorder panel. I couldn't use the recording function built into the S4 software, and also the inputs on my S4 themselves. But I had a look in the TSI file and I found a fix that might help a lot of people who are in the same situation.
- Close Traktor Pro S4.
- Browse to your Traktor data folder (this is Native Instruments\Traktor S4 1.0.1 below your documents folder).
- Open the Traktor Settings.tsi from this folder into a text editor, like Notepad on Windows.
- Search for the entry named "Recording.Source".
- Change Value="-1" to "Value="2".
- Save and close the file.
- Start Traktor Pro S4 and open the Preferences dialog.
- Go to the Mix Recorder panel and you'll see that the option "Internal" is now deactivated, that means it will record from whatever External Input you select in the dropdown list below (for example Channel C).
- Go to Input Routing panel and select "In: Ch C Left" and "In: Ch C Right" for Input Channel C.
- Connect the cable from the EFX500 to your Channel C input on the S4 controller, make sure that the Phono/Line switch is set to Line and press the Record button.
NOTE: DO NOT click on "Internal" again after you changed the file. This will put it back to the original state and you'll have to change the TSI file again to disable it.
Written by JuG (fraa.be)
Last update: November 2, 2010