TRAKTOR 2 BIBLE - 2014 Edition
Rainer G. Haselier
Traktor 2 Bible - 2014 Edition
Digital DJing with Traktor Pro 2
and Traktor Scratch Pro 2
For Traktor version 2.6 and higher
English Edition edited by Karl Yates
Moderator of the Native Instruments Traktor forum
and of DJ TechTools
Format: 15,3x22,9 cm, 6" x 9"
Price: 29,90 Euro
Order Now/Find a Reseller
Table of Contents as PDF
WHAT READERS SAY
I ordered the Traktor 2 Bible a few weeks ago and it turned up last week.
I have to say what a great job Rainer and Karlos did on it, it's fantastic, I
couldn't recommend it highly enough. I've been tucked up in bed till the early
hours of the morning reading it and it's amazing some of the tips and things you
It's really enabled me to streamline Traktor and delve even deeper into it,
customizing it even more to how i work best.
Tom Flynn from United Kingdom
Traktor 2 Bible at a glance
Traktor 2 Bible is the practically oriented compendium for all digital DJs using Native Instruments Traktor. Rainer Haselier and Karl Yates (moderator for the Native Instruments Traktor forum and the forum at DJ TechTools) have teamed up again to get the new, revised 2014 Edition of Traktor 2 Bible ready. The 2014 Edition of Traktor 2 Bible:
- Explains all software features of Traktor Pro and Traktor Scratch Pro 2
- Contains step-by-step instructions, examples and references of how to create Traktor mappings for any controller
- Covers the usage of the Native Instruments Traktor controllers Kontrol S2, Kontrol S4, Kontrol Z2, Kontrol X1, and Kontrol F1
- Delivers tips on how to change or extend the standard feature sets of the Native Instruments controllers
Since the very first edition of Traktor Bible which was published in 2009, Traktor Bible has become the standard reference for digital DJs using Native Instruments Traktor. Thousands of readers worldwide – including the R&D departments of some well-known controller manufacturers – use Traktor Bible to learn Traktor, to solve problems, and to create customized controller mappings.
The book provides answers to questions that Traktor newbies are faced with and it also covers features that experienced users may struggle with. The selection and the weighting of the topics were strongly influenced by research in the Traktor user forum on the Native Instruments website. This was to make sure that the issues that prey large on the minds of Traktor users are covered in detail and that useful solutions can be provided.
In Traktor 2 Bible all information regarding one topic is brought together in one chapter and things are explained from a practical point of view. This includes documenting the mapping commands that are needed for automating the workflow. Traktor 2 Bible explains the usage of the various Traktor Kontrol controllers made by Native Instruments. DJs who need to change or extend the standard feature set of the Kontrol controllers will learn how this can be done.
Several chapters contain tutorials with step-by-step explanations of the more complicated Traktor features. Many "HOW TO-Sections" show how things are done in the Traktor user interface, and how they can be implemented via controller mappings.
- First Steps: Setup Wizard, Layouts, and Audio Configuration
- Using Traktor Scratch Pro 2 with Timecode Control
- Loading, Mixing and Organizing Tracks
- MIDI, Controller Mappings, Modifier, Hotkeys, Macros and LED Output
- Using the Auto-Sync Feature of Traktor
- Synchronize Traktor with Ableton Live and Native Instruments Maschine
- Beatgridding Tutorials
- Using Cue Points and Hot Cues
- Using Loops and the Loop Recorder
- Equalizer, Key and Harmonic Mixing
- Using the Remix Decks, Creating Remix Sets
- FX – the Traktor Effects
- Recording Mixes with the Audio Recorder